Monday, May 24, 2010

A Successful Marriage

This is what my sister's and I put together to give to my other sister at her bridal shower. Each saying was put on a separate heart, with the word on one side, and the saying on the other. We each took turns saying them out loud to her, then put them in a box for her keeping. I was told that I am too engineer like because I didn't like that things weren't in a bulleted list or when I kept saying that things weren't parallel (still aren't!)...the bulleted list is engineer, but the other is just common sense.... I started out with a 10 item list that was more funny, but then my sister's and I revised it. It was sort of funny because Heidi kept saying she didn't know how to word things, and frankly - she had some of the best ones! Our word savvy sister is too mushy, and not tainted by marriage yet!

Listed in no particular order - another debate!

-Love: Is the bond between Sam and Hilary
-Laughter: Laugh often, find humor in everything.
-Romance: Is to be kept, not lost.
-Forgiveness: Forgive always, to error is human to forgive is divine.
-Respect: Respect plenty, consider and respect each other’s feelings.
-Friendship: Friendship is key, it is where it all began.
-Character: Be yourself, it is who he and everyone fell in love with.
-Compromise: A must, it is the glue that holds the bonds together.
-Growth: Develop as one, but always remain as two.
-Faith: Faith strongly, relinquish all to God in the hard, and the easy times.
-Honesty: Honesty is difficult, but important for strength in a partnership
.

No comments: