Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturdays

I said 'no' to my sister's rehearsal dinner. She is a punk - sorry - can't help it. Didn't even have to make an excuse and lie (cause I couldn't do that). Just said "sorry - I can't make it." I know my parents will be disappointed, but really - she only invited us because of my parents, I'm sure of that. I will go to the wedding and be a good sister for my parents, I don't need to do the dinner before. We aren't in the wedding - oh wait - I'm doing the guestbook. Anyway, I'm happy with my decision. I thought about it for a few hours before responding to her message so I wouldn't do something I would regret. The funny thing - she didn't even question me. I'm glad. It is -What - it is.

So, I'm putting together a meal for everyone tomorrow - to meet Dena. Actually relaxed. So this is good.

I am reminded again that my parents are only human. Thank you my friend for reminding me of that. Cause that shit helps A LOT.

No comments: