Saturday, April 2, 2011

WTF Costco

One of the great parts of living in north west Fresno (west of 99) is almost nobody lives out here.  I can do my shopping and go about my business without, for the most part, running into anyone I know.  I LOVE IT.  I can't stand to be on my own time and run into friends, co-workers, or anyone I know when I'm out.  It makes me panic and frankly I feel my space is invaded.  So - I have a four day weekend - yesterday I thought we could take an afternoon quick Costco run with little to no crowds.  Well - I was wrong.  We went at noon on a Friday.  I ran into 4 people from my old work.  They come to this Costco cause it's right off the freeway.  Okay - I was looking TOE UP, but that didn't bother me - I rarely brush my hair anyway, but I felt invaded and so uncomfortable.  I felt bad because I cut people short, and was very evasive. I finally told people - sorry I need to leave.  A few laughed remembering how I was at work...some looked puzzled.  It isn't that I don't like these people, I just wasn't prepared.  Anyway - I made a beeline out of that place....will not go back to Costco at lunch time on a weekday!

No comments: