Sunday, April 10, 2011

Priority

I washed my baby today. Fell in love all over again. It had been awhile since I really washed her inside and out and appreciated her beauty. BMW called Friday to ask if i wanted to trade her in for a newer one. For a split second I thought about it and then I was like "no - I love my car". The guy laughed and said he was happy to hear it and hung up. Washing her today I realized how much I liked her, even with all the scratches and flaws. I love all of it and hope to have her for years to come. Family or not. Which brings up a point - those few people at work that know I am trying for a kid think it is nuts I would keep my car. Selfish really. I laugh and say why would I get rid of it. We have several cars and cars that are safe for kids. As long as I can manage the payments which will be gone sooner than later, why cant I keep her. Some say my priorities will shift - things that are important to me will shift. Well of course they will but it doesn't mean I will quit appreciatimg things I love. I have always known I could have to give up my car if things were to change financially. It is only a car. People are retards.

I told a friend I bought an iPad. They said I was egregious buyer/consumer and just had to have everything. I wanted to smack them. I really did. But I didn't I just said well if that is what you think than fine. Yes I didn't need it but I wanted it and I can afford it. I can't even believe I tried to rationalize or defend it. It is none of peoples business. I guess this is what I get for being open. People can suck you dry. Keep in mind. This is someone I will end up spending too much on their kids birthday. I dont think they will mind.

No comments: