Monday, April 12, 2010

Little mermaid

I wish I could copy and paste the recent dialog posts on facebook. One of my friends posted something about not letting her kids watch little mermaid because it tells girls it's okay to leave family and friends for a man she barely knows. Okay - I understand her point but give me an fucking break. There are so many bad messages relayed to girls that I can't imagine this should be top of the worry issue!! Let's see - how about getting a higher education to make sure you take of yourself. This person doesn't have one. But hey who I'm I to judge. I chose my own fucked up path. Lots of people wouldn't agree it is the best but you know what? If I had a baby girl - you bet she would understand the value of an education and that she is smart (even if she was slow). I would let her be what she wants and let her watch evil Disney films. Maybe use them as discussion or to make fun of pretty people.

I choose not to comment. I felt that it really wasn't necessary and it would come off harsh. Once again censored. Why? Cause for some reason I don't want the few friends I have feel crappy. Maybe if I were with this person talking face to face without her 100 friends watching I would comment.

No comments: