Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It is done...

I finally completed the one thing I wanted so badly. I thought I would feel different once it was done. I don't feel any smarter - or any more confident - but I do feel free. I feel more like my time is my time only. To pass that darn test meant more to me personally than my career and how I conduct myself at work. A few people that said some not so nice to me things at my old job - sent e-mails congratulating me. Not sure what to make of that. Anyway - it is nice I'm done. My parents sent me flowers - which was nice - but I couldn't stand to be on the phone for more than 10 min. It had been almost 2 months since I last spoke with them. I almost did not call them with the news - but couldn't keep that from them - that would be unfair. I know they are proud - and I know why they distance themselves... I am respecting that - and also - letting them go - I'm tired of fighting to hold on to something that really isn't there.

It is nice to have someone around to take care of. My niece and I cooked when I got home from work - it put me in such a good mood. We put on music and just hung out doing stuff... Maybe I would feel differently with my own kid, but still it makes me wonder. Even my relationship with Brad changes... we give each other glances - and smiles - but there is no need for my obsession on everything he does. I find myself more relaxed with the distraction....

No comments: