Monday, December 26, 2011

Domestic vs. Feral

Wow - what a last few days. Tired as hell and getting sick. Don't want to go back to work so my eye starts twitching again. For sure I am staying home if I feel like crap. Screw it - I got lots to do but I don't care. I'm lucky I have the husband I do. As I'm typing this he is loading the dishwasher and cleaning up. It is like I do the stress part of the relationship and he does the other stuff...okay maybe not - he still can't clean a stove or a sink...or a toliet.

Brad called me a feral wife at work. He brought in cookies I made to work and a lady asked - oh so you have a domestic wife - he responded no - she is feral.... i was sort of offended....okay a lot offended - why - for several reasons. The biggest being that I still feel inadequate when it comes to being a woman...sad but true.... makes me wish i were a man at times.... i know he meant well - but it struck a cord. although we are breaking molds everyday, I still have a huge side of me that likes to take care of people and the house and "domestic" things but feel I don't do those well or need to do more.... I am tired of being seen as just a good "wage earner"...weird really..I want to be a "good wife." One of my co-workers who is a man said it doesn't matter what you look like if you earn a good wage....i almost smacked him...chinese fool....what the fuck...anyway...i wouldn't wish for a 50s marriage and I know I could do what I wanted to do in this one....just made me think....

Anyway - too tired to type anymore, but I do love this keyboard for my ipad!

No comments: