Sunday, October 3, 2010

Letter To Hilary

So - this is what I want to send to Hilary...what do you think.....I may wait until after this HIGH and after my parents wedding anniversary in January.


Dear Hilary,


I want to write to you so that you can understand where I am coming from, and that you don’t hear this from anyone else but me.

There are several times you have hurt me, and it has nothing to do with you not coming to “my parties.” In fact the idea that you think they are “my parties,” hurts me. I open my home to our family so we can be a family. Dena’s bridal shower was not “my party” but hers. I have always opened my home to you and Sam for holidays and otherwise.


First off, I wasn’t upset about not being “the guestbook” person at your wedding, but because we weren’t sisters – I was slave labor. All of your sister’s were. We weren’t there to share an experience – we were there to be your help. But I’m not sure I remember you helping at mine or Heidi’s but I don’t want to be petty. So, obviously we don’t stress you out when we are your help. We didn’t all come together and just acknowledge this big day with you, but instead were avoided. I didn’t come to your rehearsal dinner because I wasn’t going to be there as family but to help setup. I didn’t want to be part of the wedding, but I did want to be part of your life. Don’t get me wrong – I would have loved to help – shoot – Pauline extended herself several times, but we weren’t asked until the last minute… at that time – I didn’t want to help. It was very clear at your bridal shower that you didn’t want your sister’s involved, and that hurt – it actually stung. I left the shower embarrassed and hurt.


I don’t want to sit and list things. I know mentally things can be hard for you, and frankly – I’ve always had sympathy– but not now – I’m tired. So, sorry if I haven’t been there for you, or made an extra effort to make sure you are included in my life, or our family’s life.


I hope this letter will actually help us come together, and not further separate us. If it does, I am truly sorry, but I wanted to let you know where I was coming from.

Love you always,


Alexis

No comments: